Thursday, September 10, 2015

The Big Picture

Well it's a Thursday night, the boys are in bed, and I am taking a mental break by blogging while I get pumped up to do my homework...if that is possible...lol. Sometimes I feel like sitting with a pizza, a chocolate bar with nuts in it, with a stack of chick flicks and staying up all night with a bun in my hair with my favorite baggy t-shirt on and my favorite blanket.....I might just try that sometime. The boys and I have been on many adventures and have explored the area. We still have lots to see.....and do! Next to the death of my baby girls, this year has been really tough....one of the toughest. I have grown a thick skin, a different outlook, and definitely, have learned to get to the point on many things that may waste my precious time. I think that is one of my biggest pet peeves...is when people waste my time with dishonesty, games, or passive aggressiveness. I have definitely learned a lot about myself. Being a single parent is 'no joke', and to do it right takes a lot of organization, multi-tasking and endurance. I have not completely perfected my system, but I am finding new ways to tweek it and adjust so I can be the best working parent that my kids deserve. I have accumulated a surrogate family through really good friends, and I am so thankful for them..... It has taken more than a few jobs to find my current one. I really love it and the people I work with. I am learning as usual, and making mistakes on the way, but I know it is something I can and want to do long term. I asked God for a break one night in my prayers, and then this job opportunity came my way and I was given a career. I am so thankful to God and the people that gave me a chance to do the job I am doing. Max got a 100% on his spelling test last week...this is more than awesome! Eli built a lego creation with "potions" and was very proud. My boys are my sunshine, my life, my everything....And that is exactly why I try so hard....God gave me these gems for a reason...he knew my love for my children would make me rise to the occasion, and I will.

2 comments: