Saturday, February 22, 2014

Catching up!

Well, I thought I was going to be better at keeping up on the blog!!!I am actually trying to keep up on two blogs and a website now! I finished the website for the Bella Butterfly Foundation, ordered our business cards, and started a blog. This has definitely been baby steps because we have so much going on. I am still working on my Doctorate Degree, Jason has started his own business as well, and the boys are so busy and crazy. This winter has gone by fast. We haven't had a lot of sledding days because it has been really icy this year instead of powdery snow. There are days where it has been really bitter cold. All I know is that spring is coming and I am going to soak up every bit of fun with the boys because Summer is our favorite time of year. I just have to say, it has not been an easy adjustment for us to find our way. We have met so many great people and I am so thankful for God Almighty that blesses me and my family with tender mercies everyday. Max has taken a two month break from Karate to catch up on his homework and to take a little break. He has been doing really well in Scouts and loves it. He will be going back to Karate soon and is now a green belt. He will also be starting baseball, which he loves!!! So we will be getting back to the craziness soon. And I forgot to mention he is doing 4H and will be raising a baby pig for the fair....How's that for a country boy!??? It will be interesting. But now that we sold the goats, he has been missing having animals. So I told him we could just try different animals and see which ones he is interested in. The goats were cute and fun, but when they started eating EVERYTHING!!, it got to be a little much. At first it was great because we were so over grown, but when they started eating my flowers and pooping on my porch, I had to draw the line. And we won't even talk about the turkeys that Jason brought home......they kept pooping on my porch so I tried to shoot them with the pistol, but they flew off.....I know, I sound like a crazy lady, but their poop is disgusting and it was on my beloved porch! Jason ended up butchering them and they are now labeled "special occasion." Eli is doing great and two years old. He is singing and giggling and knows his ABC's. He can also count to ten now, and yes I am bragging just a little. I especially love when he sings "ginkle ginkle little staw, how I wonder what you areeeeeee..... he likes to hold the "are" and it is so dang cute! He likes to tease Max....Well, it goes both ways. He loves Max so much and watches everything he does. Eli loves our Kitty named Mittens. He carries him around and the Cat just lets him. We also have a new dog named "Rascal." We adopted him in December as an early Christmas present. Charlie ran off this past summer and never came back. We were so sad.... and so was Lucy. She just laid around for a couple of weeks in a depression because she missed her friends. So we decided to adopt a companion for her and another one for us. He is cute, a terrier/chihuahua mix. He is very quirky like all our dogs have been, but he fits right in with all of us! Eli loves nursery at church, I think he likes the toys and the snacks the best! We are headed into spring and I really am going to try to post more. I need to send pics from my phone because I have a ton! Come on Spring, I am done with Winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment