Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Wow time flies! It is already 2014 and I haven't even blogged for half of 2013. I guess some things had to give due to busy schedules, karate, school, and two very wild boys. 2013 included a lot of special events. Max turned 8 and was baptized, he earned his green belt in Karate, joined Scouts and has already earned tons of belt loops and awards, and has grown taller and taller. He also loves the color black, and can build the most amazing lego sets you have ever seen. He loves video games, but we have to limit his time because he could probably play for hours on end. Eli turned two, and is so energetic. He loves his ABC puzzle, and loves trains. He is full of energy, loves twinkle twinkle little star, and loves to look at the moon and stars. He loves the sprout show, yo gabba gabba, and the wiggles. He loves our cat "mittens" and loves to give our dogs Rascal and Lucy kisses. I am sure there are many things that will come to mind in future posts, I just can't believe how behind I am. Throughout the week, I will be posting random pictures from 2013, just to get the memories and pictures on the blog. As for Jason and I, I have been working on my Doctorate still. It is quite the process, but slowly but surely I am getting there. I quit my job at The Lodge this past summer so I could keep my sanity. I was working graveyards and there were days where I only got an hour and half of sleep and had to go back to work.....it was hard. After working there for almost a year, I decided I wasn't really good at anything because I was so tired, so it was time to leave. I have been working on the foundation and taking baby steps to get it going. I have had fun playing with the boys at the lake, playing in the snow and just chasing them around. Winters can be a little boring and brutal at times, but hopefully we can be more creative in the future to make them more fun. Jason was working for a company, but recently got laid off. The job market out here is a very interesting one. It seems employees here don't want someone with a Masters Degree. However, I am exploring the online venue and hoping for some open doors. We have received many blessings from God and are very thankful for the tender mercies we have received. Life in rural Idaho, has been so many things wrapped up in one. Here's to another crazy, busy, happy, fun 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment